Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Boast in Weakness...2 Corinthians 12:9-10

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 

Each time he (Jesus) said, (to Paul) “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I (Paul) am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 

It's easy to comply with the world view now a days. We all want the credit, fame, attention, glory... I can go on and on. The fact is that these things we seek are nothing more than plumbata, darts, temptations...LIES from satan in the attempt to distract us from the Truth...Jesus!

Paul speaks about "boasting in his weakness". Humanly speaking, we'd say he's insane, lost it, out of touch...but spiritually speaking, he's 100% correct! Who should we be elevated and praising always? Us, our accomplishments, our pride? Absolutely Not...I know what your thinking...in my flesh, humanly & honestly speaking, that's exactly what I want! However, that's why Paul said in "Philippians 1:21-22 For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better. But if I live, I can do more fruitful work for Christ. So I really don’t know which is better." 

He's not saying "LOOK AT ME!" He's saying "LOOK AT CHRIST"

We need to look to Jesus, praise Him, give him thanks always as we walk with him in Truth! Jesus said salvation is simple, he didn't say that life as a Christian would be easy...

No comments:

Post a Comment