Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Key is Faith!...Psalm 61:1-3

Psalm 61:1-3 

Hear my cry, O God. Listen to my prayer. I call to You from the end of the earth when my heart is weak. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For You have been a safe place for me, a tower of strength where I am safe from those who fight against me. 

David knew the key to life's success did not come from the world's standards but from God. As he was persectued by King Saul from mere jealosy, he continuously sought after God's will. He would cry out to God. David was under more stress than we could comprehend. When was the last time you were hunted to death that endured nearly a decade? In today's society, we face a very different type of persecution. Satan works behind the scenes to devise his schemes inorder to make the lives of believers a living nghtmare. 1 Peter 5:8 Keep awake! Watch at all times. The devil is working against you. He is walking around like a hungry lion with his mouth open. He is looking for someone to eat. 

Remember the last trial you went through? Did you try and fix things yourself or did you cry out to God? Did God answer you right away? Did the outcome meet your expectations? Most likely He didnt answer as fast as you wanted Him to and your expectations may have fallen short. Walking with Jesus is not easy, especially when the enemy is constantly throwing everything he has at you. But have faith that Jesus is right there with you! Hebrews 13:5-6 God has said, “I will never leave you or let you be alone.” So we can say for sure, “The Lord is my Helper. I am not afraid of anything man can do to me.” The key is Faith! David had enormous faith! No matter what happened, he cry'd out to God, he sought after The Lord. His story had a happy ending, but the road traveled was rough. The point is that God restored David, protected him from his enemies. God loved David and He loves you just the same. We are made in His image. Then why does it seem like God favored David more than you or I, The key is Faith! Notice how Peter continues in 1 Peter 5:9-11 Stand against him and be strong in your faith. Remember, other Christians over all the world are suffering the same as you are. After you have suffered for awhile, God Himself will make you perfect. He will keep you in the right way. He will give you strength. He is the God of all loving-favor and has called you through Christ Jesus to share His shining-greatness forever. God has power over all things forever. Let it be so. Notice Peter said "After you have suffered for awhile"...God is there so do not lose heart. He wants you to cry out to Him. Stay strong in your faith!

Heavenly Father, thank you for your Truth and promise never to leave or forsake me. I will cry out to you O God, hear my prayer and keep watch over me as I do your will. In Jesus name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment