Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Conviction...Luke 6:46

"So why do you keep calling me 'Lord, Lord!' when you don't do what I say?" (NLT) ( Luke 6:46 ) 

Do you ever get a feeling that God is telling you to do something? That is called conviction. One reason we fail to obey God is because we don't know what God is telling us to do. Mostly because our sinful nature pulls us from our adoration of our Lord. How would I know what He wants you ask? Good question..God already thought of that...His Holy Word called the Bible, is our instruction manual. I once heard a great acronym for BIBLE (BEAUTIFUL INSTRUCTION BEFORE LEAVING EARTH). I believe that the BIBLE was written by the Holy Spirit through the apostles. Its THE benchmark by which man has established his moral standards. Anything you want to know about life is there, you just need to search for it. Just like Google on the internet, the BIBLE has answers for your questions. Knowing this, what do you do with the answer youve been given...OBEY! This is where our sinful nature interferes again...Belief requires Faith! Faith is Trusting in something you Believe in....Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 

Next time you feel convicted to do the "right thing", check with God's Holy Word, pray for discernment and understanding and OBEY! 

Genesis 27:8 Now therefore, my son, obey my voice according to what I command you. 

Hebrews 11:8-9 By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to the place which he would receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going. By faith he dwelt in the land of promise as in a foreign country, dwelling in tents with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise; 

Romans 10:16-17 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?” So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. 

Romans 2:8-11 but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek; but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For there is no partiality with God. 

Father, thank you for your Truth in your Word, for Loving me enough to sacrifice your son Jesus for my salvation. Teach me your will so that I may Obey you. In Jesus name I pray, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment