Thursday, March 20, 2014

Paying Attention to Scripture...2 Peter 1:21

2 Peter 1:20-21 Above all, you must realize that no prophecy in Scripture ever came from the prophet’s own understanding, or from human initiative. No, those prophets were moved by the Holy Spirit, and they spoke from God. 


There are many different interpretations of the Bible and many different human opinions of what the Bible says. Whats important to understand is that we believe the Bible, New & Old Testaments, to be the inspired, infallible and authorative Word of God. Matthew 5:18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of God’s law will disappear until its purpose is achieved. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work. In faith, we hold the Bible to be Truth! Its our benchmark to how we should live. It defines our purpose to why we're here, to glorify God! Isaiah 26:8 Lord, we show our trust in you by obeying your laws;our heart’s desire is to glorify your name. Ephesians 1:14 The Spirit is God’s guarantee that he will give us the inheritance he promised and that he has purchased us to be his own people. He did this so we would praise and glorify him. 

Seek God's perspective when in doubt. Turn to His Word in the Bible. I once heard a pastor use the following acronym for the word BIBLE. Beautiful Instruction Before Leaving Earth! How appropriate. Its God's instruction manual for us to use daily. Unfortunately, we elect to skip the instructions and attempt to figure it out ourselves. I am guilty of that everytime I purchase something that requires assembly. I first try and figure it out mysekf and I always get stuck. But when I do, I turn to the instruction manual to get it right. Why do I feel that I can do it my self? Am I so proud that I dont need instructions? That's my sin nature speaking. God wants us to turn to His instruction manual and thats His Word, the Bible! But if our sin nature gets in the way, which inevitably will, we know that God is merciful and forgiving through His son, Jesus. Deuteronomy 4:31 For the Lord your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon you or destroy you or forget the solemn covenant he made with your ancestors. We can turn to His Word and rejoice!

Father, thank you for your Holy Word, our instruction manual! Direct your Holy Spirit to guide me daily for your purposes! In Jesus name I pray, AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment