Monday, April 14, 2014

Rescue Me!...Psalm 34:18

Psalm 34:18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed. 

I once heard, if God could break his only son for us, what makes me think that he wouldn't break me for His purposes. Weren't we created for God's purposes? Weren't we created to glorify his name always? 1 Corinthians 10:31 So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. Why is it that Our sinful nature always gets in the way of our adoration for God through Christ! We must always remember that God loves us more than we can understand. He wants us to cry out to him and he will rescue us but that requires faith! That's why we call it a trial. It feels like God is testing us to see if we truly love him. Well you can say that we tested him when we put Christ to death. But Jesus came through and died for our benefit anyway. He didn't waver and he did not give in to the trial. He loved us that much to endure the pain that he suffered. I cannot attest or comprehend what Jesus went through but what I know is that I have placed my faith in Jesus for my salvation! Jesus is my savior and I am eternally grateful for the love that God has for me. I know this because God's Word says so and I know this because in prayer God has answered my prayer through his Holy Word and through others as they counseled me. Next time you go through a difficult trial or suffer a broken heart for what ever reason, trust in God, reach out to him, ask him to hear your prayer and have faith that he will! Hebrews 11:1 Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see. 

Father I thank you for hearing my prayers, for constantly looking out after me, for giving me the Holy Spirit within me to guide me and to lead me to your will. Thank you Father for your love and truth and I trust you. In Jesus name I pray, AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment