Friday, April 11, 2014

Wisdom & Understanding...Proverbs 2:10-11

Proverbs 2:10-11 When wisdom enters your heart, And knowledge is pleasant to your soul, Discretion will preserve you; Understanding will keep you

You've heard the saying, "Knowledge is Power", that definitely applies to the Word of God. Not knowing what God has to say about our lives is like having a fine steak placed in front of us and we not knowing what to do with it. We hear people constantly searching for our purpose, where did we come from, why do bad things happen to good people, I could go on & on but the Good News is that we have answers, directly from the Holy Spirit within the Bible. A library of books that constitutes a Love story unrivaled in history. How anyone could refuse God's gift of His son as the perfect sacrifice for the atonement of our sins is something I can't understand. All I know is that every day, I'm given a new opportunity to get closer to God through His son, Jesus and fellowship with His Holy Spirit who lives within me, guiding me, helping me discern Truth from lies, right from wrong, etc. this type of understanding only comes from His grace through faith! Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. Philippians 4:7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 

Who would I be without faith?

Father, thank you so much for your gift of wisdom which gives understanding! I am so grateful for your love for me, a sinner! Teach me your will Father and draw me closer to your son Jesus Christ, my savior! In Jesus name I pray, AMEN!


No comments:

Post a Comment